Introducing Stuffed Peppers! These bad boys are not only nutritious, but they are damn delicious. While you might think they look kinda tough to make, they aren't. It's only 6 ingredients, and takes about 20-30 minutes to make, and most of that time is spent impatiently waiting to for the oven timer to go off so you can dive into one of these.
- 3 - Whole Peppers (any color you like)
- 1lb - 90% Lean Ground Beef (or any meat you like)
- 1 - Onion
- 4oz - Mozzarella Cheese
- Pasta Sauce (prefer garlic and herb, but whatever floats your boat)
- Chop the onions, and if using whole garlic cloves - chop them as well.
- Heat a pan - throw in onions, garlic, and ground beef. (If using garlic powder, throw in now). Cook for 3-5 minutes, you don't need to cook the meat all the way through.
- While that mixture is cooking, cut your peppers in half (vertically). Clean and stem out the insides.
- Take your beef, onion, garlic mixture and scoop into the peppers. Don't be shy, fill those suckers up!
- Cover each pepper with pasta sauce. Again use whatever amount floats your boat. I edge on the side of less, and add more later if need be.
- Top off each pepper with fresh mozzarella
|Ready to go in the oven|
7. Cook at 375 Degrees for between 15-20. Or just look to see when the cheese gets all melty and gooey!
8. Grab a knife, fork, and napkin and dig in!
Nutrional FactsFor 1 of these monsters
Protein - 31 grams
Fat - 18 grams
Carbs - 24 grams
Calories - ~ 380 Calories
ConclusionThis recipe is pretty open ended, so use whatever other ingredients you like. I've used this with chicken and ground turkey instead of beef. I've also thrown in mushrooms, rice, and carrots into the mix. But overall these Stuffed Peppers pack a pretty good nutritional punch, are easy to make, and tasty. So give them a try today, and Go Get 'Em!
Also remember to sign-up for BBA updates and like us on Facebook Here.