It's time for recipe #2 of Munchie March - Crispy Sweet Tater Fries!
Sweet Potatoes are the up and coming cousin of the ole Idaho Spud, but they bring a unique twist. Differentiated by their bright orange and sometimes purple flesh, sweet potatoes supply massive amounts of beta-carotene, Vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and they can help control blood sugar.
These sweet spuds are especially great for active individuals because they provide rich, full starchy carbs while not invoking big blood sugar spikes, empty calories, or potential digestive problems. Overall the orange dynamites are great for everybody.
My favorite way to enjoy these sweet spuds is in the form of fries, and sweet twist on the original version. Let's take a look...
2 - Sweet Potatoes
4TBSP - Coconut Oil
Herbs/Spices you like - (I like salt and cinnamon)
Steps to Tater Paradise
1) Cut Sweet Potatoes into Fries
2) Boil Fries for ONLY 3-4 Minutes
3) Drain Fries and Run COLD water over fries to stop the cooking
4) Toss Fries in with spices and coat well
5) Put coconut oil in pan and heat on HIGH.
6) "Fry" tators until crispy on edges but soft inside.
Let us know what you think of this twist on an American Classic!
Go Get 'Em!