Thursday, April 17, 2014

Award Winning Chili

Sign-Up for BBA Updates Right Over Here ------------------------------------------->


So with the temperatures diving back down to the dumps we might as well make the best of it.

How do you make the best of cold weather you ask?

Chili, that’s how!




Below I'm giving you the basics to the best chili in the Midwest. This is a recipe I have been making for a while and have been known to win chili cook offs against anybody and everybody, even Master Chef Bobby Flay!

I'd be holding an undefeated chili record if it weren't for being ripped off at my work cook off this year; I guess they don’t like repeat champs here in Iowa.

This recipe comes from my Grandma Uva who used to make this chili for a bowling alley in which my family used to own. Now of course I’m not going to disclose my full secret recipe but below is the basics and the best part of this recipe is that is can be added to and altered to accommodate your particular tastes


The Culprits

  • 3 lb - 90% Lean Ground Beef
  • 1- Can of Kidney Beans
  • 3 - Fresh Tomatoes Chopped or Diced
  • 1-½ - Large Cans of Tomato Juice
  • 2T - Chili Seasonings
  • ½ Cup - Chili Powder
  • ¼ Cup - Ground Cumin
  • 2 Onions - Chopped or Diced

Steps to Success


1) Brown the beef and drain


2) Add all the ingredients into a big pot on the stove and slow simmer for about an 2-3 hours


3) Now to make this recipe I strongly suggest adding your own personal twist. I personally like to add onion, garlic, and bell peppers and a secret ingredient I can't expose, but leave a comment of your guess! I also like to throw some jalapeƱos and a little cilantro to a food processor, blend those up and add that into the pot as well. The possibilities are endless!!!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment