Haven't had a good eats in a while, and with this "dead" space between the food haven's of Thanksgiving and Xmas, we all could use a mouth watering meal.
I've been eating variations of this Breakfast Scrambler for years, and am not one bit sick of it. Let's just take a quick look at what I'm talking about.
Yeah Babayy, how good does that look. I know what your thinking; yes that's 1 meal, and don't ask for a bite, cuz I'm not sharing!!
For all the guys out there that don't like or know how to cook, don't worry you can pull of this bad boy off. So let's get down and dirty
The Culprits3oz - Turkey, Lean Ham, Turkey Bacon
1/2 - Onion
1/2 - Bell Pepper
3 - Eggs
1/4 Cup - Salsa
Optional but Recommended
1/4 Cup - Mushrooms
1/2 Cup - Broccoli
1/4 Cup - Guacamole
4-6 - Asparagus Heads
2oz - Cheese - Mozzarella or Hard Cheddar
1. Start by putting a little coconut oil in a frying pan. Then add in your choice of meat and vegetables. I typically put in about 3oz of meat, 1/2 an onion, 1/2 green pepper, and if I have any mushrooms and broccoli. Cook those up until they get a good crisp (~2min).
2. Now is a good time to throw in your spices and herbs. I always toss in a couple shakes of cinnemon, garlic, cheyenne pepper, and italian herbs. NOTE: If your using a fatty meat, you don't need to use alot of coconut oil. If your using chicken, turkey, or ham then use more coconut oil.
3. After the meat and veggies look good, crack in some eggs. I typically use between 3 whole eggs, yes the whole egg, EAT THOSE YOLKS! At this point you can cook your eggs however you like: sunnyside up, over easy, an omelet, scrambled, etc. I do scrambled, but will spice it up sometimes with something different.
smile when making this
4. If you are using cheese, now is the time to add it. Adding the cheese at the same time as you add the eggs is perfect timing to get a gooey, melted cheese in this scrambler.
5. Cook until the eggs are done how you like it, and plop onto a big ole plate.
5. Now is the time to top this monster with homemade guacamole (definitely recommended) and salsa. For guacamole, seriously just add a splash of lemon juice and sea salt to mashed avocado's. You can get more fancy and add in other things, but those are the basics of guacamole making.
6. Then put a towel in your shirt, because you don't wanna spill and eventually all your shirts will have battle scars compliments of the Breakfast Scrambler. Now grab a fork and go to town!
I highly recommend you play around with ingredients and mix things up. Easy things like cheese, different meats and veggies are easy things to mix around and add some variety to your taste buds!
There you have it, a delicious meal full of proteins, veges, and healthy fats. Anybody I've made this for has become hooked, so fully expect to be making this scrambler for the rest of your LIVE!
So get in the kitchen and Go Get 'Em!